Love One Another
Dear Children, Parents and Carers,
Welcome to our Year 4 Class Page 2019-20
Here is an overview of what we will be learning in the
In Religion we will be studying the stories of Creation in the Book of Genesis - understanding what being made in the image and likeness of God means and the responsibility to use our God given talents. We will also be learning about some of the miracles of Jesus and the work of the church to heal and care for the sick in Christ's name.
We will start the term with a cross curricular topic -
'World War II'
The children will explore multiple texts including, 'Goodnight Mr Tom' and 'Big Tom'. Children will explore the language and structure of 'Mystery/Suspense' writing. They will also experiment with shifts in tense and adapt their writing style for a specific audience, exploring different viewpoints.
Children in Year 4 will continue to bring a reading book home. Please continue to listen to your child read and enjoy books with them, as we want to encourage a love of reading. We expect them to be reading each day (minimum 30 minutes) and to record it in their reading diary.
A new maths focus will be introduced each week accompanied by a written homework task or My Maths homework. The concepts we will be learning are:
- Place Value
- Problem Solving
- Time - problems involving time intervals.
The topic this term is 'Sound'
We will be investigating; how sounds are made and received by the human ear. Children will be recording data and results of increasing complexity using scientific diagrams and labels, classification keys, tables, scatter graphs, bar and line graphs
This term we will be studying 'World War II'. We will be looking at...
- The Blitz
- Anne Frank
- Life and times of children during World War II.
We will be be studying World War II art.
We will be looking at different Movement Patterns in a range of physical activities, with particular focus on Gymnastics.
I will be setting a variety of weekly homework tasks:
- Weekly Spellings for testing on Monday morning.
- Written English tasks (grammar, punctuation or comprehension)
- Maths tasks - either a sheet or MyMaths
Homework will be set every Friday and due in the following Friday.
If you have any questions or concerns please call the office for an appointment.
- Enginuity Final Letter
- Evacuee day letter
- Handwriting Practice - Cursive
- Look Say Cover Write and Check Activity term 3B adverbials of frequency
- Mrs Evans Nov 2108
- t2-e-3099-statutory-spellings-word-mat-years-3-and-4-word-mat ver 1
- Year 4 PlanIt Spelling Overview Pack Single
- Year 4 Term 1A Overview
- Year 4 Term 2A Week 1 Spelling Overview
- Year 4 Term 2A Week 1 Word List
- Year 4 Term 2B Overview
- Year 4 Term 3A Spelling Overview
- Year 4 Term 3B - Overview