Love One Another
School's Ethos & Values
St. Christopher’s School Mission Statement
At St. Christopher’s School we aim to educate and nurture all our pupils and inspire them to achieve their full potential, academically, spiritually, socially and emotionally. In the school community we live by the motto:-
“Love One Another”
Governors live out this mission by giving freely of their time to help and guide the direction of the school in keeping with the Catholic faith.
Children live out this mission when they play fairly, help support and care for one another in the classroom, on the playground and beyond the school gates.
Our teaching and support staff live out this mission by working collaboratively and harmoniously to meet the needs of each child.
Parishioners at St. Christopher’s Church live out this mission with their bountiful spiritual and financial support throughout the year.
Parents live out this mission by becoming active members of our school community. Parents help to nurture and support the children to enable them to meet their full potential. This involves supporting the school behaviour strategies, helping your child to complete homework tasks and helping to raise funds which contribute to the development and improvement of the school, its facilities and environment.
Our Mission Statement Objectives are:
* Create a welcoming, secure and caring environment for all members of the school community.
* Maintain healthy links with the Parish of St. Christopher’s.
* Develop the understanding and experience of moral value from a Christian perspective.
* Maintain established effective teaching strategies to foster learning and continually raise standards.
* Teach the National Curriculum with skill, vigour and enthusiasm and creativity.
* Assess and respond to the particular abilities and needs of each child to enable the development of their full potential.
* Foster the ability of each child to interact appropriately with others.
* Stimulate a love of learning across the curriculum through enjoyable and creative pursuits and by offering opportunities to broaden horizons .